Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2

От Patrick B
Тема Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys, (I'm sending this email here because it has the same subject, wal_files)

I'm setting up a new slave server, using Postgres 9.2. This new slave server I'll call: New_slave.

I ran this command, from the new_slave server. It will connects to my other slave and copy the DB.

ssh postgres@slave05 'pg_basebackup --pgdata=- --format=tar --label=new_slave --progress --host=localhost --port=5432 --username=replicator --xlog' | tar -x --no-same-owner

That took me 10 days, as I'm copying +2TB. Note that I'm not using --xlog-method=stream, but I was copying the wal_files manually to the new_slave server. By the time the command above (pg_basebackup) finished, there was 1TB of wal_files.

I started to recovery the Database, setting the recovery.conf.recovery_command.

and then I got this error:
WAL segment `../wal_archive/000000020000171B000000D9` not found

So.. shit.. I don't know what happened, but I checked the master server and actually that file wasn't shipped into the new_server. I don't know why.

Questions:
1 - Do you have any recommendations? I'll have to perform that again.

2 - If I use pg_basebackup with -xlog-stream, do I have to have wal_shippment to the new_slave? Or the basebackup command would take care of them?

Using the pg_basebackup with stream should be?
ssh postgres@slave05 'pg_basebackup --pgdata=- --format=tar --label=new_slave --xlog-method=stream --progress --host=localhost --port=5432 --username=replicator --xlog' | tar -x --no-same-owner

3 - Instead of using pg_basebackup like that, should I dump into local disk(on the slave05 server) and then copy to the new_slave?

Cheers