Re: [GENERAL] regexp_matches where clause - PG 9.1

От Patrick B
Тема Re: [GENERAL] regexp_matches where clause - PG 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:15 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:

David,
That won't work.

​Actually, it works fine, you just keep moving the under-specified problem space.
I'd suggest creating a self-contained running example that gets you close and show what the final output should be.

David J.

There is an example. Please note the `col2` returns not only 'main'. I need it to return only main and I need to put it in a where clause. I can't use ~ operator because I will need to do something like:

FROM test1 t1
JOIN another_view AS s
WHERE s.full_path = substr(t1.full_path, char_pos '/file..' to get /filesuser/client/.../attachment/.../) || 'main'

Thanks
Patrick.