Re: FATAL: could not receive data from WAL stream

От Patrick B
Тема Re: FATAL: could not receive data from WAL stream
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you mean to say that the WAL file "000000020000179A000000F8" is
>> available @ "/var/lib/pgsql/9.2/archive" location ?
>
> Yes!

Timeline 2 has visibly reached its end at segment
000000020000179A000000F8 and it cannot find in the archive the history
file to see from which timeline it needs to fetch afterwards. As the
timeline file cannot be found, it then attempts to fetch the segment
that it thinks is complete from the master itself.

Didn't you trigger a promotion which would make the master reach the
timeline 3? And are you sure that 00000003.history is not in the
archives?
--
Michael

The server went down and when it came back online I got that errors..

I got some errors on the logs: systemd1: Removed slice User Slice of postgres.

I belive something happened with Postgres user and when the server came back online it started postgres in a new path... that excluded recovery.conf and the server might have been promoted as master

This means I'll have to re-build the DB right?

Patrick