Re: Update two tables returning id from insert CTE Query

От Patrick B
Тема Re: Update two tables returning id from insert CTE Query
Дата
Re: Update two tables returning id from insert CTE Query  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm doing this now:

sel AS (
SELECT i.id AS c_id
FROM (select id, row_number() OVER (ORDER BY id) AS rn FROM ins_table_1) i
JOIN rows s USING (rn)
)
UPDATE table_2 SET c_id =
(
  SELECT c_id
  FROM sel
  ORDER BY c_id

WHERE clientid = 124312;

But I get ERROR:  more than one row returned by a subquery used as an expression

​And this surprises you why?

I'd advise you get whatever it is you are trying to accomplish working using multiple queries in a transaction, probably with the help of temporary tables, then post that self-contained working example and ask for suggestions on how to turn it into a single query using CTEs (if its ever worth the effort at that point).

David J.​

isn't clear what I'm trying to achieve? That's what I need, I just want a way to do that, as the way I'm doing isn't working.

Сообщение: Re: Update two tables returning id from insert CTE Query
Сообщение: Re: Update two tables returning id from insert CTE Query