Composite type: Primary Key and validation

От Lorusso Domenico
Тема Composite type: Primary Key and validation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello guys,
I've a couple of questions about composite type.
Suppose this composite type:
CREATE TYPE my_type AS (
    user_ts_start My_start_timestamp,
    user_ts_end My_end_timestamp,
    db_ts_start My_start_timestamp,
    db_ts_end My_end_timestamp,
    audit_record jsonb
);
My_start_timestamp is a domain of timestamp with default as now().
My_end_timestamp is a domain of timestamp with default as infinite

  1. May I use user_ts_start and/or db_ts_start has part of Primary Key of a table that contains a field of my_type?
  2. to add an overall check constraint on the entire composite type, could be a valid approach to create a domain based on my_type and add a custom function to validate it? (check_my_type(VALUE)). In this way I've a dominan of composite type that contain others domain... what do you think?

thank's in advance

--
Domenico L.

per stupire mezz'ora basta un libro di storia,
io cercai di imparare la Treccani a memoria... [F.d.A.]

Сообщение: Re: Is there any good optimization solution to improve the query efficiency?
Сообщение: Re: Is there any good optimization solution to improve the query efficiency?