Re: Postgres 8.0 upgrade to 9.0

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Postgres 8.0 upgrade to 9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Atul Goel <Atul.Goel@iggroup.com> wrote:
> Hi Forum,
>
> We are planning to upgrade a postgres 8.0 database to postgres 9.0 (Actually
> already done in Dev).

consider that 9.0 is not the next version after 8.0, there were 4 more
(8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4) and at least for changing from 8.2 to 8.3 you
probably will need to fix your app

> The application is J2EE application with Hibernate. My
> question are
>
> 1)      Is there a list of things that needs to be taken care while
> upgrading(known issues).

they are all mentioned in realese notes... look the "Migration to
Version X.X" in the release notes for the above mentioned versions

> 2)      Do I need to upgrade JDBC driver when I upgrade to postgres9.0.

probably but i'm not so sure about it

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación