Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>

>> How does the attached version look? I verified that it survives
>> recovery, but not more.
>>
>> Jeff, any chance you can run this for a round with your suite?
>

> I've run it for a while now and have found no problems.

fwiw, i have run installcheck (serial and parallel) and isolationtest,
also combination of those (one installcheck, one isolationtest) at the
same time while executing vacuum full, reindex database and manual
checkpoint...

i also check that the bgwriter was doing some work.

i did all of this in a master node in a cluster with a standby and a
cascade standby that were later promoted... and i have no problem with
checksums at all, so i would say that the combination of Jeff's and
Andres' patches fixed the problems we have seen until now

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación