Re: temporal support patch

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: temporal support patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Miroslav Šimulčík
<simulcik.miro@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is only a illustration of main functionality. Later I can create a
> document about the design and implementation details, but first I need to
> know if such temporal features as described here, could be added to future
> versions of PostgreSQL, after meeting all the requirements of a new patch.

how this affect to users *not* using this feature? i mean, it affects
performance? probably not but...

if you already have the patch (i understand it is from what you said)
add it to the first commitfest
(https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=14) that
will start on june 15. is difficult to know if something we haven't
seen is acceptable or not (please add some description about the way
you did it)

if the patch is still not ready, then start explaining the design you
are going to use...

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación