Re: postgres table have a large number of relpages and occupied a big memory size

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: postgres table have a large number of relpages and occupied a big memory size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Vivekkumar Pandey
<vivekkumar.pandey@globallogic.com> wrote:

> Hi Tomas,
>
>    I am using the slony cluster and both the database have the same Data.
>
> So Please provide the appropriate solution....
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
> >
> > That suggests you're using something else to build the cluster (e.g. slony
> > or something like that). In that case the size difference may be simply
> > due to data differences or dead tuples. VACUUM FULL should compact the
> > dead tuples, but it's not a cheap command (takes exclusive locks, time and
> > memory).

It seems like Tomas gives you the solution (at least part of it): use
VACUUM FULL to compact your data on the master.
Also, probably you want to revisiti your autovacuum's configuration.

Finally, remember that Slony has two tables that logs all changes in
the database... normally only one of the table should be in use while
Slony is processing the queu of the other and truncate it. but if the
slon process are not running those tables start to grow... can you
check that the slon processes are running

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Сообщение: Re: postgres table have a large number of relpages and occupied a big memory size
Сообщение: Re: postgres table have a large number of relpages and occupied a big memory size