Re: repmgr and archive_mode

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: repmgr and archive_mode
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Toby Corkindale
<toby.corkindale@strategicdata.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
> In the repmgr README, it suggests configuration should include:
>
> archive_mode = on
> archive_command = 'cd .'
>
> Could someone explain why we need archive_mode enabled? In my own testing of
> Pg's streaming replication, I've found it to work without this enabled.

it's not really needed but in some situations you could want to
archive wal segments (for example if you want to shut down the standby
without having to put a really big value in wal_keep_segments) and
while archive_command can be changed at anytime just reloading
archive_mode needs to restart the server. so this is just a good
configuration for 24x7 setups

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación