Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am unsure of the goal here.  The docs clearly say that only objects
> in the current database are affected, so why are we even trying to do
> something with tablespaces (or databases), which do not live in any
> database?  And if we want to change the contract to allow it to climb
> out of the current database, why limit it to shared objects rather
> than crawling all databases?

ok. you're right, what i suggested before of making something similar
on DROP ASSIGNED is actually a violation of the POLA.
about your question, i guess the compromise =C1lvaro was taken here is
to affect all objects that could be *seen* from this database you
can't climb to other objects in other databases because they can't be
seen.

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitaci=F3n