Re: Postgres replication question :- One master 2 slaves 9.0.10

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Postgres replication question :- One master 2 slaves 9.0.10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM, akp geek <akpgeek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One more thing.. pardon me for being dumb
>>
>> I want to set the 2 nd slave as HOT STAND  BY,  not steaming ..
>
> Hot standby assumes being streaming. You can not establish a hot
> standby without using streaming replication. What is the reason not to
> do it streaming?

Ah! why?

you don't need to use streaming replication for a hot standby, it
works perfectly well even if you replay everything from archive and
never do streaming.

but it would be a good idea to set hot_standby_feedback to on and
max_standby_archive_delay to something larger than 30s

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación