Re: Direct links to edit documentation

От Yuri Astrakhan
Тема Re: Direct links to edit documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
ElasticSearch also uses AsciiDoc with the "edit_me" module that generates those. Code  - https://github.com/elastic/docs/blob/master/resources/asciidoctor/lib/edit_me/extension.rb

It results in a semi-transparent "edit me" button at the top to the right of the page title, e.g. https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-aggregations-bucket-geotilegrid-aggregation.html

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 1:27 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 04:36:37PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-wal.html
>
> Would it be possible to add "edit this page" links to every PostgreSQL doc
> page, pointing to the docs git repo, ideally on a site that allows
> on-the-site editing without locally cloning i.e. github?  This will make it
> far easier to contribute tiny changes like adding more links in the text.
> For example, https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-wal.html has
> a lot of useful information, but many setting keywords are not links, making
> it harder to find. Commenting on that page that a link is missing seems
> silly, whereas if there was an edit button, users could have submitted their
> edits directly.

Wow, that sounds like a nice idea, but I have no idea how to do that.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             https://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +

Сообщение: Re: Rendering pi more nicely in PDF
Сообщение: Re: Rendering pi more nicely in PDF