The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server (II)

От Octavi Fors
Тема The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server (II)
Дата
Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server (II)  (John McKown <john.archie.mckown@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

this is somehow overlapping one thread which was already posted in this list here.

However, I'm newbie in PostgreSQL and would need some help from experts on two aspects. I apologize if these were already implicitely mentioned in the thread above.

My situation is the following:
  1-running postgresql-9.2 server under my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS desktop,
  2-user postgres created on the system,
  3-two databases with several tables created, populated and owned by postgres,
  4-these databases can be queried (SELECT, INSERT, etc.) by any system user of my desktop.

Now here are my two questions:

a) how can I know where my two databases are stored (I presume in a directory somewhere in my desktop path)?

b) this is the though one (at least for me ;)  For data size reasons, I want to store my two databases in a NAS which I have mounted via NFS, but still keeping the postgresql server on my desktop.
I've seen in this message of the thread above, that NFS noac mounting option is highly recommended.
Apart from this, I don't see how to migrate the databases from my desktop directory determined in a) to my NAS. Could someone please provide the steps to accomplish that?

Thanks so much in advance,

--
Octavi Fors