Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]

От Andrew Borodin
Тема Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you, Alvaro.

Yes, now I see. I'll update gistRedoPageUpdateRecord() to work
accordingly with patched gistplacetopage().
Also, i've noticed that PageAddItem uses MAXALIGN() macro to calculate
tuple size. So, PageIndexTupleOverwrite should behave the same.

About PageIndexDeleteNoCompact() in BRIN. I do not see why
PageIndexDeleteNoCompact() is not a good solution instead of
PageIndexTupleOverwrite? Will it mark tuple as unused until next
PageAddItem will use it's place?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin, Octonica & Ural Federal University.