Create DB ends with error "FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres""

От Fabricio Pedroso Jorge
Тема Create DB ends with error "FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres""
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

   PostgreSQL version...: 9.5.5
   OS...........................: Oracle Linux 6.5 64 bits

   I am quite new in the PostgreSQL world and i'm trying to create a new db with the following sintax, using the "postgres" OS user:

 [postgres@vm-ora12 ~]$ createdb -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres dbdev

createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

I did the install via YUM, as "root" user using the PostgreSQL repository. the service is ip and running:

[root@vm-ora12 ~]# service postgresql-9.5 status
postgresql-9.5 (pid  18507) is running...

Why am i getting the above error while trying to create a new database?

Thanks for the attention and help.

--
Fabrício Pedroso Jorge.

Administrador de Banco de Dados