Re: Disabling trust/ident authentication configure option

От Volker Aßmann
Тема Re: Disabling trust/ident authentication configure option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 1:53 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On May 18, 2015, at 3:32 PM, Volker Aßmann <volker.assmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know these measures won't protect against an experienced attacker who gains root access, but hope it slows them down sufficiently so the admins may have a chance to detect the attack.

It won't.

You don't seem to have much trust in your other authentication mechanisms and seem to know our environment quite well then...

But anyway you don't seem to understand why "being able to remove a 'disable all security let anyone in' option" might be a reasonable idea, so there is no point in arguing, please just ignore the patch.