Re: Postgres SSL connection without client certificates.

От Amit Bondwal
Тема Re: Postgres SSL connection without client certificates.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks you very much Adrian for clearing my confusion.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 07/27/2015 12:48 AM, Amit Bondwal wrote:
Hi Everyone.

I am able to setup postgresql with TLS v1.2 with client certificate. I
used below link to setup this and it works nicely.
https://www.howtoforge.com/postgresql-ssl-certificates

How can I connect to remote database with encrypted connection on tls
without setting client certificates on client machine?

See here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

To use client certs you need to set cert for auth-method for a particular connection. So to not use them and have an ssl connection set the connection type to hostssl and set auth-method to something other then cert.

I am using linux as a clinet machine and want to connect through command
line, without client certificate in encrypted format or on SSL. What
should I do?

If I  understand,  you want to a non-ssl connection to Postgres, correct?

If so then per the docs in the above link then use host for either local or remote TCP/IP connections or local for a socket connection.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Amit Bondwal
Contact me at +91-999-0235-948