Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB

От J Sisson
Тема Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Ogden <lists@darkstatic.com> wrote:
As someone who migrated a RAID 5 installation to RAID 10, I am getting far better read and write performance on heavy calculation queries. Writing on the RAID 5 really made things crawl. For lots of writing, I think RAID 10 is the best. It should also be noted that I changed my filesystem from ext3 to XFS - this is something you can look into as well.

Ogden

RAID 10 on XFS here, too, both in OLTP and Data-warehousing scenarios.  Our largest OLTP is ~375 GB, and PostgreSQL performs admirably (we converted from MSSQL to PostgreSQL, and we've had more issues with network bottlenecks since converting (where MSSQL was always the bottleneck before)).  Now that we have fiber interconnects between our two main datacenters, I'm actually having to work again haha.

But yeah, we tried quite a few file systems, and XFS **for our workloads** performed better than everything else we tested, and RAID 10 is a given if you do any significant writing.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB
Сообщение: Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB