Re: Backup on a shared server doesn't seem to work.

От Pradip Parkale
Тема Re: Backup on a shared server doesn't seem to work.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Bastien,

This is an issue. We are working on it and the fix will be available in the next pgAdmin release.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 7:11 PM Bastien OGIER <bastien.ogier@ecoco2.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm running some pgadmin4 on Kubernetes clusters, using the image dpage/pgadmin4:5.
I've created multiple servers from the default account and shared them to my users, unfortunately when they try to open the Backup dialog box, the following message is displayed :
The Backup dialog box works fine from the default account.
I've tried to open the dialog box on a shared database from an administrator account, which shows me the same message.
The "Binary paths" configuration seems fine since it's the same in the default account and the user accounts.
I can't see any error message in docker logs.

If I recreate the exact same server from an user account and hit Backup on this one, it works well, so I guess the problem comes from the sharing, although the documentation states these limitations but doesn't mention dumping or restoring :

The Users accessing the shared servers cannot do the following operations on the shared servers:

  • Create a server

  • Delete the server

  • Rename the server

  • Rename the group server

  • Change of host, port, and maintenance database

I couldn't find anything on the mailing list about this and I found an old bug on redmine (pgadmin/#3722), which doesn't seem related to shared servers.

Is there any way to increase log verbosity or do you have any idea what's going on ?

Thanks for your support,

--

Bastien Ogier

--