Upgrade 8.4.22 to 9.2 - LC_Collate differs

От Not A Scientist
Тема Upgrade 8.4.22 to 9.2 - LC_Collate differs
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I experienced an earlier reported 'bug' described in BUG #15038.
My DB upgrade cancels because lc_collate differs between the versions.

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to initialize a 8.4 DB with locale "German_Germany.1252" and neither one to initialize a 9.2 DB with locale "German, Germany".

I'm pretty new to postgreSQL and I ain't got a clue how to fix this issue since it makes a clean DB upgrade impossible for me.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Cheers,