the wire protocol

От Catonano
Тема the wire protocol
Дата
Re: the wire protocol  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

there's this Python project using the so called wire protocol (as far as I understand)

I'm caressing the idea to create a GNU Guile based project that does the same thing

But I don't understand how they manage to get the connection to Postgresql, their code is too complicated for me

Do they use the C library, libpq ?
Or do they manage the connection in their own code ?

Should I use libpq ?
Or should I manage the connection in my own code ?

In Guile I can manipulate sockets and the semantics are pretty close to the ones of plain C

So even an example in C would be fine

I'd like to use a Unix socket

I hope this was the right mailing list for this question

If it's not, i apologize

Thanks in advance