pg_filedump tests fail on big endian systems

От Michael Hudson-Doyle
Тема pg_filedump tests fail on big endian systems
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Postgresql dump files are platform dependent, and the test file used by pg_filedump's tests appears (unsurprisingly) to have been generated on a little-endian system. The tests thus fail (with output like this:

- Block Offset: 0x00000000         Offsets: Lower     676 (0x02a4)
+ Block Offset: 0x00000000         Offsets: Lower    41986 (0xa402)

) on a big endian system. I'm not sure what should be done about this really, maybe the tests should just be skipped on such platforms.

I discovered this running the Debian "autopkgtests" on Ubuntu s390x.

Cheers,
mwh