Re: Escape output of pg_amcheck test

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Escape output of pg_amcheck test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> The pg_amcheck reports a skip message if the layout of the index does
> not match expectations.  That message includes the bytes that were
> expected and the ones that were found.  But the found ones are arbitrary
> bytes, which can have funny effects on the terminal when they are
> printed.  To avoid that, escape non-word characters before printing.

LGTM.

I didn't get the part about the /r modifier at first, but "man perlre" helped:

"""
r  - perform non-destructive substitution and return the new value
"""

The /a modifier requires Perl >= 5.14, which is fine [1].

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-requirements.html

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev