Re: Trigger violates foreign key constraint

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Trigger violates foreign key constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> Attached is a slightly modified version of the patch.

The patch was marked as "Needs Review" so I decided to take a look.

I believe it's a good patch. The text is well written, has the
necessary references, it warns the user but doesn't scare him/her too
much.

> I couldn't make it clearer.  I'd have to write an example to make it clearer,
> and that would certainly be out of scope.

Personally I don't think we should document particular steps to break
FK constraints. In a similar situation when we documented the
limitations about XID wraparound we didn't document particular steps
to trigger XID wraparound. I don't recall encountering such examples
in the documentation, so I don't think we should add them here, at
least for consistency.

All in all the patch seems to be as good as it will get. I suggest merging it.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev