Re: PG11 to PG14 Migration Slowness

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: PG11 to PG14 Migration Slowness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Vigneshk,

>       I'm migrating  our existing PG instances from PG11.4  to PG14.3. I have around 5 Million Tables in a single
database.When migrating using pg_upgrade, its taking 3 hours for the process to complete. I'm not sure if its the
intendedbehaviour or we're missing something here.

Thanks for reporting this. I would say this is more or less an
expected behaviour. This being said I think we could do better than
that.

Could you identify the bottleneck or perhaps provide the minimal
automated steps (ideally, a script) to reproduce your issue in a clean
environment?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

От: Nitin Jadhav
Сообщение: Fix GUC_NO_SHOW_ALL test scenario in 003_check_guc.pl
От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: No Callbacks on FATAL