Re: RFC: Pluggable TOAST

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: RFC: Pluggable TOAST
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> And the goal of *THIS* topic is to gather a picture on how the community sees
> improvements in TOAST mechanics if it doesn't want it the way we proposed
> before, to understand which way to go with JSON advanced storage and other
> enhancements we already have. Previous topic was not of any help here.

Publish your code under an appropriate license first so that 1. anyone
can test/benchmark it and 2. merge it to the PostgreSQL core if
necessary.

Or better consider participating in the [1] discussion where we
reached a consensus on RFC and are working on improving TOAST for JSON
and other types. We try to be mindful of use cases you named before
like 64-bit TOAST pointers but we still could use your input.

You know all this.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAJ7c6TOtAB0z1UrksvGTStNE-herK-43bj22%3D5xVBg7S4vr5rQ%40mail.gmail.com
--
Best regards,