Re: Fix bogus Asserts in calc_non_nestloop_required_outer

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Fix bogus Asserts in calc_non_nestloop_required_outer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Richard,

> As stated in [1], all paths arriving here are parameterized by top
> parents, so we should check against top_parent_relids if it exists in
> the two Asserts.
>
> Attached is a patch fixing that.

Probably it's just because of my limited experience with the optimizer
but I don't find the proposed change particularly straightforward. I
would suggest adding a comment before the Assert's and/or a detailed
commit message would be helpful.

Other than that I can confirm that both branches in the Assert's are
executed and the tests pass in different test environments.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev