Re: MacOS: xsltproc fails with "warning: failed to load external entity"

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: MacOS: xsltproc fails with "warning: failed to load external entity"
Дата
Re: MacOS: xsltproc fails with "warning: failed to load external entity"  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback.

> Hmm, there is no such directory on my Mac, and indeed this recipe
> does not work here.  I tried to transpose it to MacPorts by
> substituting /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog, which does exist --- but
> the recipe still doesn't work.

Well, that's a bummer.

> What we do actually have already is a recommendation to install
> appropriate MacPorts or Homebrew packages:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/docguide-toolsets.html#DOCGUIDE-TOOLSETS-INST-MACOS
>
> and it works okay for me as long as I use MacPorts' version of xsltproc.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for Homebrew anymore and there seems to
be only one xsltproc in the system.

> I believe what is actually failing is that http://docbook.sourceforge.net
> now redirects to https:, and the ancient xsltproc version provided by
> Apple doesn't do https.  What you need to do if you want to use their
> xsltproc is install a local copy of the SGML catalog files and
> stylesheets, preferably in the place that xsltproc would look by default
> (/etc/xml/catalog seems to be the standard one).  It would be good to
> document how to do that, but this patch doesn't do so.

Fair enough.

I would appreciate it if you could help figuring out how to do this
for MacPorts, since I'm not a MacPorts user. I'll figure out how to do
this for Homebrew.

Does something like:

```
ln -s /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog /etc/xml/catalog
```

... work for you? Does your:

```
xsltproc --help
```

... also say that it uses /etc/xml/catalog path by default?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev