Re: Hooking into ExplainOneQuery() complicated by missing standard_ExplainOneQuery

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Hooking into ExplainOneQuery() complicated by missing standard_ExplainOneQuery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> I wanted to hook into the EXPLAIN output for queries and add some extra information, but since there is no
standard_ExplainOneQuery()I had to copy the code and create my own version.

> Since the pattern with other hooks for a function WhateverFunction() seems to be that there is a
standard_WhateverFunction()for each WhateverFunction_hook, I created a patch to follow this pattern for your
consideration.

> I was also considering adding a callback so that you can annotate any node with explanatory information that is not a
customscan node. This could be used to propagate and summarize information from custom scan nodes, but I had no
immediateuse for that so did not add it here. I would still be interested in hearing if you think this is something
thatwould be useful to the community.

Thanks for the patch. LGTM.

I registered the patch on the nearest open CF [1] and marked it as
RfC. It is a pretty straightforward refactoring.

[1]: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4879/

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: Dump-restore loosing 'attnotnull' bit for DEFERRABLE PRIMARY KEY column(s).
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: abi-compliance-checker