Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

> The patch doesn't apply - I suppose the patch is relative a forked postgres

No, the authors just used a little outdated `master` branch. I
successfully applied it against 31d8d474 and then rebased to the
latest master (62ce0c75). The new version is attached.

Not 100% sure if my rebase is correct since I didn't invest too much
time into reviewing the code. But at least it passes `make
installcheck` locally. Let's see what cfbot will tell us.

> I encourage trying to break down the patch into smaller incrementally useful
> pieces. E.g. making all the SLRUs 64bit would be a substantial and
> independently committable piece.

Completely agree. And the changes like:

+#if 0 /* XXX remove unit tests */

... suggest that the patch is pretty raw in its current state.

Pavel, Maxim, don't you mind me splitting the patchset, or would you
like to do it yourself and/or maybe include more changes? I don't know
how actively you are working on this.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev