Re: POC: Lock updated tuples in tuple_update() and tuple_delete()

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: POC: Lock updated tuples in tuple_update() and tuple_delete()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexander,

> Thoughts and feedback are welcome.

I took some preliminary look at the patch. I'm going to need more time
to meditate on the proposed changes and to figure out the performance
impact.

So far I just wanted to let you know that the patch applied OK for me
and passed all the tests. The `else` branch here seems to be redundant
here:

+        if (!updated)
+        {
+            /* Should not encounter speculative tuple on recheck */
+            Assert(!HeapTupleHeaderIsSpeculative(tuple->t_data));
-             ReleaseBuffer(buffer);
+            ReleaseBuffer(buffer);
+        else
+            updated = false;

Also I wish there were a little bit more comments since some of the
proposed changes are not that straightforward.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev