Re: Confused about extension and shared_preload_libraries

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Confused about extension and shared_preload_libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Japin,

> When we write a extension using C language, we often add the dynamic library
> into shared_preload_libraries, however, I found that the bloom, btree_gist and
> btree_gin do not follow this rule.  I'm a bit confused with this, could anybody
> explain it for me?

In the general case, you don't need to modify shared_preload_libraries to use an extension, regardless of the language in which it's implemented. That's it.

Some extensions may however require this. See the description of the GUC [1].

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/runtime-config-client.html#GUC-SHARED-PRELOAD-LIBRARIES

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev