Re: Add test module for Table Access Method

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Add test module for Table Access Method
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> When trying to implement a table access method in the past I remember
> very well that I was having a really hard time finding an example of
> one.

To be fair, Postgres uses TAM internally, so there is at least one
complete and up-to-date real-life example. Learning curve for TAMs is
indeed steep, and I wonder if we could do a better job in this respect
e.g. by providing a simpler example. This being said, I know several
people who learned TAM successfully (so far only for R&D tasks) which
indicates that its difficulty is adequate.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev