Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> I wonder what we got wrong.

One thing we noticed is that the description for EvalPlanQual may be wrong [1]:

"""
In UPDATE/DELETE, only the target relation needs to be handled this way.
In SELECT FOR UPDATE, there may be multiple relations flagged FOR UPDATE,
so we obtain lock on the current tuple version in each such relation before
executing the recheck.
"""

[1]: https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/backend/executor/README#L381

--