Re: How can i install contrib modules in pg11 via source

От Olivier Gautherot
Тема Re: How can i install contrib modules in pg11 via source
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Márcio Antônio Sepp <marcio@zyontecnologia.com.br> wrote:

> If so I can tell you how I do it in Linux and you can make the
> appropriate translations to BSD.
>
> 1) cd to contrib/hstore/
>
> 2) make
>
> 3) sudo make install
>
> 4) In psql CREATE EXTENSION hstore;

Well, I allways install via pkg and I didn't find the contrib folder  (:

Now, the follow error message occur:

root@pg11:/pg11/postgresql-11beta2/contrib/hstore # make
make: "/pg11/postgresql-11beta2/contrib/hstore/Makefile" line 16: Need an
operator
make: "/pg11/postgresql-11beta2/contrib/hstore/Makefile" line 19: Could not
find
make: "/pg11/postgresql-11beta2/contrib/hstore/Makefile" line 20: Need an
operator

Márcio, remember that it is FreeBSD, not Linux.
Use gmake (GNU make) instead of make (BSD make). They are not compatible...