Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 08:31, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (resending with compressed attachements, perhaps that'll go through)

> > On 2018-11-26 17:55:57 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > > FWIW, now that oids are removed, and the tuple table slot abstraction
> > > got in, I'm working on rebasing the pluggable storage patchset ontop of
> > > that.
> >
> > I've pushed a version to that to the git tree, including a rebased
> > version of zheap:
> > https://github.com/anarazel/postgres-pluggable-storage

I worked on a slight improvement on the
0040-WIP-Move-xid-horizon-computation-for-page-level patch . Instead
of pre-fetching all the required buffers beforehand, the attached WIP
patch pre-fetches the buffers keeping a constant distance ahead of the
buffer reads. It's a WIP patch because right now it just uses a
hard-coded 5 buffers ahead. Haven't used effective_io_concurrency like
how it is done in nodeBitmapHeapscan.c. Will do that next. But before
that, any comments on the way I did the improvements would be nice.

Note that for now, the patch is based on the pluggable-storage latest
commit; it does not replace the 0040 patch in the patch series.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar

Вложения