Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 17:20, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see that you have made changes in ReorderBufferRestoreChanges to use
> PathNameOpenFile, but not in ReorderBufferSerializeTXN.  Is there a
> reason for the same?  In my test environment, with the test provided
> by you, I got the error (reported in this thread) via
> ReorderBufferSerializeTXN.

You didn't get this error with the patch applied, did you ?

If you were debugging this without the patch applied, I suspect that
the reason why ReorderBufferSerializeTXN() => OpenTransientFile() is
generating this error is because the max limit must be already crossed
because of earlier calls to ReorderBufferRestoreChanges().

Note that in ReorderBufferSerializeTXN(), OpenTransientFile() is
sufficient because the code in that function has made sure the fd gets
closed there itself.

If you are getting this error even with the patch applied, then this
needs investigation.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar