Re: update tuple routing and triggers

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: update tuple routing and triggers
Дата
Re: update tuple routing and triggers
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the patch Amit.

I was wondering whether the same duplicate result rels issue can arise
for es_root_result_relations and es_result_relations. But I think for
inserts, es_root_result_relations is NULL, and for updates, these two
lists always have distinct set of relations. So this issue might not
be there for these two lists.

So what the patch does, looks good to me. One minor thing :

+ * Since we're newly creating this ResultRelInfo, add it to
+ * someplace where explain.c could find them.

I think above, instead of keeping the comment specifically for
explain.c, we should make it more general. The list is also used by
ExecGetTriggerResultRel(). (There, this duplicate relation issue does
not come up because it only uses the first one out of them).

I think the name es_tuple_routing_result_rels that you chose, sounds good.

Thanks
-Amit

--
Thanks,