Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Append implementation

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Append implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 September 2017 at 11:32, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is still the open point being
> discussed : whether to have non-parallel-aware partial Append path, or
> always have parallel-aware Append paths.

Attached is the revised patch v16. In previous versions, we used to
add a non-parallel-aware Partial Append path having all partial
subpaths if the Parallel Append path already added does not contain
all-partial subpaths. Now in the patch, when we add such Append Path
containing all partial subpaths, we make it parallel-aware (unless
enable_parallelappend is false). So in this case, there will be a
parallel-aware Append path containing one or more non-partial
subpaths, and there will be another parallel-aware Append path
containing all-partial subpaths.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar