Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 17:40, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, the backport patch is turning out to be simpler. It's
> because in pre-12 versions, the file offset is part of the Vfd
> structure, so all the offset handling is not required.

Please have a look at the attached backport patch for PG 11. branch.
Once you are ok with the patch, I will port it on other branches.
Note that in the patch, wherever applicable I have renamed the fd
variable to vfd to signify that it is a vfd, and not the kernel fd. If
we don't do the renaming, the patch would be still smaller, but I
think the renaming makes sense.

The recovery TAP tests don't seem to be there on 9.4 and 9.5 branch,
so I think it's ok to not have any tests with the patches on these
branches that don't have the tap tests.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar