Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18 August 2017 at 01:24, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> [2] had a patch with some changes to the original patch you posted. I
>> didn't describe those changes in my mail, since they rearranged the
>> comments. Those changes are not part of this patch and you haven't
>> comments about those changes as well. If you have intentionally
>> excluded those changes, it's fine. In case, you haven't reviewed them,
>> please see if they are good to be incorporated.
>
> I took a quick look at your version but I think I like Amit's fine the
> way it is, so committed that and back-patched it to v10.
>
> I find 0002 pretty ugly as things stand.  We get a bunch of tuple maps
> that we don't really need, only to turn around and free them.  We get
> a bunch of tuple slots that we don't need, only to turn around and
> drop them.

I think in the final changes after applying all 3 patches, the
redundant tuple slot is no longer present. But ...
> We don't really need the PartitionDispatch objects either,
> except for the OIDs they contain.  There's a lot of extra stuff being
> computed here that is really irrelevant for this purpose.  I think we
> should try to clean that up somehow.
... I am of the same opinion. That's why - as I mentioned upthread - I
was thinking why not have a separate light-weight function to just
generate oids, and keep RelationGetPartitionDispatchInfo() intact, to
be used only for tuple routing.

But, I haven't yet checked Ashuthosh's requirements, which suggest
that it does not help to even get the oid list.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements