Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 01:02, Rahila Syed <rahila.syed@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Hi, do you consistently get this failure on your machine ? I am not
>> able to get this failure, but I am going to analyze when/how this can
>> fail. Thanks
>>
> Yes, I am getting it each time I run make -C src/test/recovery/ check
PROVE_TESTS=t/018_standby_logical_decoding_xmins.pl
> Also, there aren't any errors in logs indicating the cause.

Thanks for the reproduction. Finally I could reproduce the behaviour.
It occurs once in 7-8 runs of the test on my machine. The issue is :
on master, the catalog_xmin does not immediately get updated. It
happens only after the hot standby feedback reaches on master. And I
haven't used wait_for_xmins() for these failing cases. I should use
that. Working on the same ...

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Should we rename amapi.h and amapi.c?
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Should we rename amapi.h and amapi.c?