Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions

От Yuya Watari
Тема Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 1:27 PM Andrey Lepikhov
<a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Sorry for this. It was definitely a false alarm. In this patch,
> assertion checking adds much overhead. After switching it off, I found
> out that this feature solves my problem with a quick pass through the
> members of an equivalence class. Planning time results for the queries
> from the previous letter:
> 1 - 0.4s, 2 - 1.3s, 3 - 1.3s; (with the patches applied)
> 1 - 5s; 2 - 8.7s; 3 - 22s; (current master).
>
> I have attached flamegraph that shows query 2 planning process after
> applying this set of patches. As you can see, overhead at the
> equivalence class routines has gone.

I really appreciate testing the patches and sharing your results. The
results are interesting because they show that our optimization
effectively reduces planning time for your workload containing
different queries than I have used in my benchmarks.

Thank you again for reviewing this.

--
Best regards,
Yuya Watari