Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml

От Alexander Law
Тема Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hello,

ср, 25 сент. 2019 г., 8:10 Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>:
On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 06:52:18PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I have no strong feelings either way, so feel free to undo whatever
> you think should be undone.
>
> I have noted that many of our Japanese contributors show a different name
> order in their From: line than in their signature/footer, so it's not
> entirely clear which preference they're expressing.

The formal and official way is to have the family name first, and then
the first name, but I agree with the approach we have to not be too
formal and just list individuals based on how they present themselves
in their emails.
In fact, here in Russia the "Family-name Given-name [Patronymic-name]" order is formal and official too. And in Russian e-mail's (mostly internal, not for export) you can also encounter such a spelling. But I think it's not the matter of the person's preference, but rather the matter of "officiality", and probably, conventions accepted (maybe at the person' organization).
So if someone will change it's job or status, and will want to use more official order, I would find it rather strange to see Lasty Firsty amongst all the other Russian contributors having the given-name-first order.

Best regards,
Alexander

Сообщение: Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml
Сообщение: Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml