Re: LibreOffice Base and PostgreSQL Transactions

От Don Parris
Тема Re: LibreOffice Base and PostgreSQL Transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

On 07/18/2013 01:44 PM, Don Parris wrote:

Maybe I really need something like macros and BASIC or Python to make such
a thing work?  If anyone knows a good tutorial on this subject, I can
certainly read - just haven't really found anything yet.

Many thanks in advance,

Hello,

Maybe this will help:

http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1426

JD

Thanks Josh, that helps a little.  I get the impression from Drew's discussion that it is possible to choose between creating stored procedures in LO Basic and the PGSQL native procedures.  Is that correct?  He gives no examples of how to use the MySQL triggers/procedures, so I am not sure how to ensure that, as I enter my data in the form in Base, it gets "held" until I am ready to hit "submit".

I know very little of LO/OO Basic - or of stored procedures, for that matter.  So it looks like I've got a bit of reading to do.