Re: random huge delay when recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: random huge delay when recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Catalin Maftei <catalin@plationline.eu> wrote:
> when I recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION with a small change I get:
>
> Query returned successfully with no result in 03:58 minutes.

This is almost certainly due to locks.  Next time this happens, query
pg_stat_activity and pg_locks -- the information is there to determine
if you are locked and who the locker is.  Your view creating query
would be blocked as 'waiting' if that's the case.

merlin