Re: pgdump error "Could not open file pg_clog/0B8E: No such file or directory"

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: pgdump error "Could not open file pg_clog/0B8E: No such file or directory"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:13 AM,  <jesse.waters@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the delay.
> No it does not exist.
>
> ls -l /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0B8E
> ls: /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0B8E: No such file or directory
>
> Have 92 files in directory which are all 262144 in size.

This file records if transactions committed or were aborted.  If it is
missing, this signifies corruption.  You can force a file in, but
chances are things will not be as they should be.   When is your last
good backup?  If it's fairly recent you can force a file with all
'commit' values and compare vs backup and attempt to repair any damage
if things don't look too bad I'd start with 'reindex' and/or full
database restore assuming you could pull a dump).  Take a full
filesystem backup before doing anything though.

merlin