Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Susan Cassidy
<susan.cassidy@decisionsciencescorp.com> wrote:
> Is there any free or cheap software that will read in DDL and output a
> graphic display of it?  Preferably showing links for foreign keys.
>
> I know about Erwin, but it is too expensive.

I want to give a shout out for schemaspy .  I think it's about the
best ERD tool out there; the graphviz relationship mapping 'just
works' and you have to spend zero time mucking around with the tool
post extraction which is a critical flaw with many ERD tools.  It's
aware but there are undocumented switches to remove the ads.

My experience is that ERD tools that require manual steps of any kind
tend to become quickly out of date and useless.

merlin