Re: how to pass the function caller's parameter to inside the function. syntax error at or near "$1"

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: how to pass the function caller's parameter to inside the function. syntax error at or near "$1"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM, leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj@163.com> wrote:
> I want to create a function which use to truncate the table specified by the
> caller. I very confused how postgresql pass this parameter into the function
> :
>
> as a superuser to execute :
> 1)
> create or replace function d() returns void as $$
> analyze;
> $$ language sql;
>

> ----- this works when i issue select d()
>
> 2) this doesn't work
>
> create or replace function v(text) returns void as $$
> analyze $1;
> $$ language sql;
>
>  why???? and how to correct it?
>

> I tried another function for insert
>
> 1) this works.
>
> create or replace function insert_f(integer) returns void as $$
> insert into t1 values($1);
> $$ language sql;
>
> ----this works when i issue select insert_f(20);
>
> 2) this doesn't work.
>
> create or replace function insert_f(text,integer) returns void as $$
> insert into $1 values($2);
> $$ language sql;
>
> ---- it failed to create the function and give me error : syntax error at or
> near "$1".
>
> Please help.

you're not allowed to parameterize table names.  workaround is
plpgsql's EXECUTE.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: how postgresql passes the parameter to the function. syntax error near or at "$1".
Сообщение: Re: how postgresql passes the parameter to the function. syntax error near or at "$1".